WASHINGTON D.C. – Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. (SSR), a leading engineering design and facility consulting firm, has opened a Washington, D.C. office. The office will be led by Michael Preece, PE, PSP, CxA, security engineering commissioning specialist.
SSR has been active in the Washington, D.C. area for many years, with significant growth during the last five years. Notable work includes:
• Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Newport News, Va.
• Riverside Doctor’s Hospital of Williamsburg
• Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers in the greater D.C. area, including: Gaithersburg Medical Center in Gaithersburg, Md., Largo Medical Center in Upper Marlboro, Md., South Baltimore Medical Center in Baltimore, Md., and Tyson’s Corner Medical Center in McLean, Va.
• Marine Corp. Base Quantico – Greenside Hangar and Dental Clinic in Quantico, Va.
• Wakefield High School in Arlington, Va.
• Georgetown University’s Davis Performing Arts Center in Washington, D.C.
• The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
• Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Baltimore, Md.
• Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
"As our work for local clients and the federal government continues to grow, we wanted to be close to the agencies headquartered in the D.C. area,” said Rob Barrick, President and CEO of Smith Seckman Reid. “The size and diversity of the D.C. market along our core service lines, opportunities for international work, and long term clients with interests in the area were all factors in our decision to open an office here.”
The Washington, D.C. office will provide SSR’s full array of engineering design and facility consulting services including engineering design, commissioning and sustainability, technology and regulatory compliance.
Michael Preece has 22 years of experience in project development, design, construction and start-up. For the last nine years, he has served as client and project manager for federal, state and local government projects, and commercial projects in Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a registered professional engineer in Maryland, a board-certified physical security professional with ASIS International and a certified commissioning authority with the AABC commissioning group.
SSR’s new office is located at 6700 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 200, Columbia, MD, 21046 and can be reached at (443) 286-1296.
SSR is an employee-owned engineering design and facility consulting firm with 15 offices and more than 40 years of experience in health care, sports and entertainment, institutional and infrastructure projects. In 2011 SSR was ranked first in the ZweigWhite “Best Multidiscipline A/E Services Firm To Work For” among firms with more than 300 employees. SSR is ranked 11th on the Consulting-Specifying Engineer “MEP Giants” list and 6th on its “Cx Giants” list. To learn more, visit www.ssr-inc.com.